Okay. So last week Trinity insisted upon her life that I go and meet her friend Johnny and his mother Jalana. And my first and foremost response was "Are you kidding me!?!" which was what I said. Of course in the end I had to go because Trinity did looked pretty bummed out, and she is my friend, after all...even though when we fight we seem like we are trying to rip each others limbs off to beat one another with.
Whatever.
So we decided to go to the city. Frankly, it's not easy getting to the city by foot, considering it's about an hours flight as it is. So I hijacked a pickup truck that just so happened to be out there in the middle of nowhere. Don't ask me how it got there. As far as I know, it's god sent.
Turned out that neither of us ever touched a steering wheel. Sorry, that was an exaggeration. I have, but Trinity? Never. So I drove.
We arrived at the dead of night, and parked the car about a quarter of a mile away from the city. Then we walked.
I know the city well. That is, from a bird's eye view. I know where I am in the air, but on ground? Nope. Thankfully, Trinity knew the city so well that she could walk through it blindfolded.
So when she led me to a hair cutting place, I thought she was off her rocker. She led me to the back entrance, and knocked three times, paused, and knocked five times. Thinking she was crazy, I was ready to fly.
Suddenly the door flew open, and this woman, taller than me but shorter than Trinity came running out, in her hair net and all, and embraced Trinity like there was no tomorrow. You know, with the whole display of sloppy emotion thing splashing all over the place. But I couldn't help feeling a twinge of jealousy. Trinity had always had someone. Like a parent. I have nothing. Never had and never will have. Oh well.
'Oh crapness,' was my only thought at this moment. Trinity had to introduce me to this woman. There was no getting out of it. She was going to blow my name off to a non-mutant organism and I was going to have to shake hands with her. Not like there's anything wrong with that. If she at least had some avian blood running through her veins I would feel better about this whole thing.
And then he came out.
Oh god! He was like...gorgeous! Like, the perfect guy. A hotty in all ways. He had that emo thing going on, sort of. I mean his appearance. Longish dark hair, and a face that looked like it was carved by angels. Well, super-cool kick-butt angels but--
Okay, shut up.
But I mean honest to god! I felt so dizzy, and I was hoping that it was an echoing of the poison effect and not an over display of emotions trying to break loose from my sanity. But it turned out to be number two unfortunately, and it just turned from love sickness to universal jealousy when he embraced Trinity like a stuffed animal.
If they had night vision, they would have seen my red face, red from the, grrr! Jealousy! And Trinity was too busy bathing herself in love to see.
So I tried not to look at Prince Charming. Plus he was human, which sucks, but cooled down my jealousy so I was calm and collected by the time the dynamic duo saw me, knowing that Trinity couldn't have him any more than I could.
I was introduced to Jalana, and I did have to shake hands, and also to Johnny, and I tried not to faint when I touched his hand. This guy must use lotion, because his hands are as smooth as jazz and blues. I tried to make my wings look impressive, and Jalana was impressed, and so was Mr. Hotshot (score!). Jalana wanted to see me fly, and so I did, taking off and doing easy tricks and landing like a ballerina.
And then Trinity had to spoil it by showing Johnny her newly developed and practiced superpowers. He was certainly impressed about that I tell you.
Then we were led inside, and we were offered hot chocolate and marshmallows. Wow, that I'll never forget. Eventually we started up a pleasant conversation, and we talked about stuff like how I found Trinity and all that. The conversation continued, until suddenly...
"You know what Red, I've decided now to enroll you and Trinity into school."
WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!
Spazzing out it my downfall, and that's what I did when Jalana said that. After spitting out a mouthful of hot chocolate onto the ground, I looked at Jalana as if she was mad.
Which she was according to my opinion.
Officially freaked, I stood up and put my hands on the table, looking at the madwoman who sat across from me.
"Listen lady," I said. "There is no way in the world that I am going to school." I explained to her that I didn't need to have any educating, since I knew a lot already and that I wasn't even living in the same district as civilization, so therefore didn't need to learn that kind of junk.
But it turned out that she wanted to adopt us.
No. Nu-uh. Not in a thousand trillion lightyears.
Look, I just met this cat, and already she wants me to be her avian daughter. It would be more appropriate if she had said that later, like when I know her better. But I just met her and she was all "Oh, now you're going to be my daughter" and all.
Even Trinity was staggered, but more happy about it than I was.
I had power over this, and I could have gotten out of it, but being infested with this bad habit of freezing up all the sudden made me not get the million dollars I wanted.
But I wasn't adopted. Thank god. I had enough wits to say that I was Red Starbird and wanted to stay Red Starbird.
I was just enrolled into Hell.
What am I supposed to even do in school? I know it's about being popular and stereotypical (like what I see on TV) but other than that.
And what the freak is homework? Classwork that you have to do at home? Give me a freaking break. Look, I'm a busy human/avian hybrid, and I don't need any undesired homework to bog down my evenings when I could be doing something more productive. Like fixing the broken computer in the H.Q. (my home).
Oi Vay. How was I talked into this one?
I swear there was something in the hot chocolate.
Crap.
-Red
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....hahaha...school it is.....johnny is a hot-son-of-a-stuff
Post a Comment