Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Thanksgiving everybody!
Sorry I haven't posted in a million years. Couldn't find time where Jalana wasn't monitoring me.
So anyway.
Thanksgiving was pretty sweet. It was me, Trin, Ulric, Johnny and Jalana around the small kitchen table. Jalana had taken all day and slaved over the stove. But it turned out to be one of the best meals I've ever experienced in my life.
Of course, there was always that sense of cannibalism when I ate the turkey, but I pushed it aside. Ulric had made a few comments at the table though.
"Does Red really taste like this!?!" he had said. For the moment, I thought he was complimenting Jalana on her good cooking, until he said. "Then Red must taste like s***!!!"
Then as we were eating, we all said what we are thankful and stuff.
I said I was thankful for food, the mutant-repressant, awesome friends, a roof over my head, again food, wings, the ability to fly, a bed and TV, and pretty much everything else.
Ulric said he was thankful that Jalana didn't decide to cook me instead of the turkey, because I, supposedly, taste like s***.
Whatever.
Trin said she was thankful for music, the mutant-repressant, poisonous claws, that Jalana was like a second mother to her, that we haven't been caught yet, food, cool friends and an awesome family, and that there was more mutants. She said some other stuff too, but I don't really remember.
So during dinner, a couple things happened.
Ulric took a turkey wing and pretend that it was my wing. Then he shredded it up into a million pieces. Trin laughed, but then Ulric said that foxes taste much better than turkey, and he wanted a taste tonight. He said he was thankful that Trin was so patient with him.
(Sigh)
So there was a couple of incidents. Ulric attempted to dump gravy on me, but it ended up in the cranberry relish, and I slammed his head into the slice of apple pie on his plate, and stuffed potatoes up his nose using the end of my fork.
Trin attempted to choke a Brussels Sprout down Ulric's throat, but Ulric rebounded by launching it at her face. Johnny got Trin by slopping the butter all over her, and I got him back by pelting olives at him.
All in all it was a great Thanksgiving.
So with gravy and pie and potatoes all over us, we had to take turns with the shower. Jalana was mad, but I think she enjoyed it too.
Besides, when can you have a Thanksgiving like that?

-Red